Information regarding the government’s ‘Pupil Premium’ initiative, and regarding how we have allocated our Pupil Premium funding here at Hilltop is detailed in the link below:
- Pupil Premium Report 2016-2017
- Pupil Premium Report 2015-2016
- Pupil Premium Report 2014-2015
- Pupil Premium Report 2013-2014
- Pupil Premium Report 2012-2013
Sports Premium Funding
The government is providing additional funding of £150 million per year for academic years 2013-2014, 2014-2015 and 2015- 2016 to improve the provision of physical education and sport in primary schools. This funding provided jointly by the Department for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport is allocated to primary school head teachers.
What we are doing at Hilltop First School
At Hilltop we received £8,800
- With this money we are working with the Windsor Sports College to enhance the sporting provision at Hilltop First School.
- Employing specialist PE teachers and qualified coaches to work alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence in PE.
- Providing supply to release teachers for professional development and attend CPD courses
- External coaches and PE co-ordinator organising inter and intra competitions and opportunities for children to take part in national school games.
- Quality assuring the work of sports coaches and instructors employed to coach in PE lessons and after school clubs.
- Providing places for pupils in after school clubs and holiday courses.
- Providing training and payment for midday supervisors to introduce playground games at break and lunchtime.
- Establishing a house system to enable regular, inter-house sports competitions for pupils of all ages
- Developing young sports leaders in Key Stage 2 and children to lead with PE warm ups and playground games.